We’re hiring a Controller with experience in fast-growth professional services businesses to work with the executive team and drive all aspects of financial controls. This person will direct financial planning, provide strategic direction and oversight of budget and fiscal functions and oversee/execute operational policies and procedures.
Goals and Objectives:
- DSO below 45 days by end of year 1
- Develop and execute quarterly executive reviews starting Q2 2021
- Month-end close and delivered by 10th of the following month
- Deliver clear GM per client and CSTAT goals monthly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the overall financial management of the Company including monthly billing procedures/execution.
- Liaising with outsourced bookkeepers and accountants to handle day-to-day monthly and year-end accounting procedures.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of budgets.
- Responsible for software associated with accounting and finance: Quickbooks + Time Tracking.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies and ensure the organization is adequately covered.
- Build strategic financial models for growth, investment, opportunities, etc.
- Collaborate with the executive team in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Review of monthly management reports, monitoring company performance and reporting.
- In conjunction with colleagues, review and evaluate business processes cross-functionally and implement improvement in systems, process and structure.
- Establish policies and processes, communicating them and executing training.
- Own all contracts, legal relationships and operational partnerships.
- Work in partnership with PEO to oversee payroll, benefits administration, recruiting, onboarding, off-boarding, employee check-ins and exit interviews, and other human resource needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years in an appropriate field with demonstrated growing responsibilities.
- Experience with budget and business plan and business model development for a business-services organization.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
For the right experienced business-services financial and operational professional this is an opportunity for a leadership role at a growing consulting company where the team works hard and plays well together. Times are weird right now so if you find yourself saying yes to some but not all of our requirements please still apply. We hire on attention to detail, ingenuity, and a willingness to grow.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- Fill out the TopGrading Interview Form and the CrystalKnows Assessment (sent by our team)
- A screening interview
- Zoom interview with senior staff (they will have access to and review your TopGrading Interview Form and CrystalKnows assessment)
- Candidate arranges reference calls
- Presentation to the team
We may be a good fit if:
- A hustler (You’ve always had 2 jobs)
- Organized (Your Sunday meal prep time is your happy place)
- Trustworthy (People give you money to hold onto for them)
- A Writer (Oxford comma, anyone?)
- Timely (5 minutes early is late to you)
- Tech-Savvy (You use CrystalKnows before every meeting)
- Smart (You google questions before asking in a work setting)
LeadCoverage is a SmithBrown Marketing company that has grown 60% in 2020, is actively closing deals, and has exceptional customer referrals. A dynamic, badass team that executes lead generation plans for clients of all shapes and sizes, we work hard, empower each other, and hold each other accountable.
Our core values are to deliver results, take initiative, be accountable, and “yes, and.”
*LeadCoverage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.